Scientific Research Associate
We are #Opus and we strive to inspire the world to create and experience interactive content on a scale like never before. Our unique proprietary technology turns literary text into living breathing metaverses within the blink of an eye. As a company, we value creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
And we want you to join us!
About The Role
The ideal candidate will be a Ph.D. candidate with a deep passion for technology and automation with a proven track record in softwaer research, academic writing and prototyping.
We are looking for an innovative, creative, and thought-oriented person who has research/practical experience in one or more:
- AI (Artifical Intelligence), AR (Augumented Reality), VR (Virtual Reality), MR (Mixed Reality)
- Web 3.0/Blockchain/Crypto
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and VRIs (Virtual Reality Interfaces)
- NLIs (Natural Language Interfaces.
- High-Performance Computing, Supercomputers
- Applied Mathametics and Algorithms
- Quick prototyping and ideation using Jupyter or similar software prototyping tools
- The ideal candidate must come up with project ideas regarding integration and deployment of the current ASCR-developed libraries in commercial software products to achieve the DOE, OS-ASCR goal of exploiting the full commercial potential of these softwares and libraries in non-HPC architecture.
- The candidate must have a passion for new technologies like quantum computing, identify the modern world challenges, and conceive ideas for solutions.
- The candidate must also show a passion for theoretical computer science and must have high academic credentials to prove that he/she employs theoretical and academic methodologies to identify new world problems and conceive solutions.
- The position requires a mix 50-50 combination of theoretical and practical knowledge and a passion for advancement in computer science to help resolve the pressing issues in the US computational sciences arena used for modeling and simulation of complex situations to facilitate scientific discovery and invention.
- The full product cycle is normally between 4-7 years under this requirement, so anyone who is persistent, a continuous learner, an explorer, and who conceives innovative solutions for long-standing problems in HPCs will be the best candidate for this position. He/she needs to take full ownership and responsibility for identifying problems, conceiving and defining solutions, conducting research, research, and development by prototyping, analyzing, testing, and acquiring data, knowledge, and experience to deliver a final product that is perfect and agile.
What will you be doing:
- Assist our principal Grant Proposal Writer in drafting, and developing from scratch, and providing him with the knowledge, ideas, concepts, and solutions specific to software technologies.
- Ideate and draft proposal for User Interfaces (graphic, web, VRIs, NLIs, etc.) for software developed by the US Department of Energy, Office of Science (ASCR-Advanced Scientific Computing Research).
- Create, analyze, test, and prototype ideas, and projects for commercial or scientific use out of the software and related libraries developed by the ASCR as mentioned above.
- Brainstorm, ponder for long hours to develop ideas, and conceive project concepts [eventually products] with broad-based and everlasting commercial [industrial, academic, scientific, research, research and development (R/R&D)] potential in the US market.
- Deploy, test, strip out code, and strengthen the ASCR-developed mathematical, computational, and scientific libraries for R/R&D or commercial purposes.
- Continue to improve the basic concept-based project, add value based on continuous research, research and development, test-data, knowledge, experience, and technical and scientific breakthroughs by adding codes, algorithms, tools and stripping out the outdated software codes, algorithms, and tool; refining the user interfaces for better usability, accessibility, robustness, and deployability.
Competitive salary based on experience and skills.
OpusAI Inc is one-of-a-kind US based entertainment content creator and distributor. Our proprietary technology turn literary text into high-fidelity living breathing worlds in the blink of an eye. We have an open and flexible culture that is always evolving. We place strong emphasis on productivity with minimal processes and accelerated personal and professional growth.
This is an on-site opportunity in Lahore, Pakistan.
This opportunity does not cater to third-party, recruiters, remote or freelancers.
Add [email protected] to your email whitelist/safelist to ensure delivery of important job notifications.